Monday, August 20, 2007

Your Own Private Cell Phone Booth

Do you use your cell phone while using the restroom at work?

To my surprise, people really do this. I walked into the ladies' room at work the other day and heard a woman talking loudly on her cell phone in one of the stalls. What was she thinking? Or should I say, what was the person on the other end of line thinking when she heard toilets flushing? I don't even want to think about what else the woman was doing while she conversed on the phone. Talk about multi-tasking!

When I got back to my desk, I mentioned it to one of my female coworkers.

Me: Do you ever hear woman talking on the cell phone in the bathroom here at work?


Her: Oh yeah, people do it all the time.

I turned to my male coworker who overheard our conversation.

Me: Do men use their cell phones in the bathroom at work?

Him: (Nodding)

Me: At the urinal?!!

Him: ( Nodding again)

Well, I couldn't help but ask the same question of my pal Andy Davidson who works at another company.

Me: Andy, do guys use their cell phones in the bathroom at work?

Him: Oh, yeah.

Me: While they're using the urinal?

Him: Well, most of them use head sets because it's hard to zip up your pants when you're holding a cell phone.

To all of you who are guilty of this indiscretion, I hope the Toilet Patrol catch you or you drop your cell phone into the toilet/urinal after you've done your business!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home