Sunday, July 22, 2007

Goose Poop

The company I currently work for has a lake and a fountain on its grounds. It would be a pleasant place to have lunch or take a break...except for the Canada geese that hang out there and leave a trail of poop on the sidewalks.

When employees arrive at work on Monday morning, they are greeted by geese that spent the weekend covering the parking lot and back entrance to the building with piles of droppings. Employees are forced to navigate through the droppings and the geese that block their way into the building. (Sorry I'm late, boss. I had to scrape goose crap off the bottoms of my shoes.)

This same area is frequented by smokers at various times of the day. Apparently, they don't mind being surrounded by poop and the geese that continuously produce it. You would think that sharing the smoking area with a bunch of raucous geese would be an incentive to stop smoking (or to go sit in and stink up their own cars, for God's sake.)

When I leave the building to go out to lunch, I have to fight my way between smokers and crowds of geese while weaving through the ever increasing supply of poop. Finally, the groundskeepers come out and hose down the area amid a cacophony of honking geese fleeing from the scene. Later, the geese and smokers return to foul the ground and the air around them.

I think the groundskeepers would be more successful if they hosed down the smokers along with the geese.

Labels: , ,